Hamster Breeds living together
First: General information about Hamster Breeds
- The Syrian hamster is the most common and best species in education.
- The age of puberty at the hamster is two months and is roasted from the age of 3 months
- The hamster’s gestation period is 16-18 days
- Number of births at birth from 5 to 18 hamsters
Second: What does hamster eat?
- Hamster Breeds can eat processed meat and insects such as worms, but this is not circulation.
- Adult hamsters eat about 15 grammes of water a day and about 10 millilitres of water.
- Ready-made, low-cost and high-priced factory food
- Vegetables are placed moderately throughout the day such as lettuce, parsley and watercress
- Water must be available in the hamster’s concoction (which is fitted with knots like punctuation systems) and changes every day
- Forbidden foods: lemon – orange – sweets – chocolate
- Favourite foods: rice – corn – garlic – carrots – red beans – peanut – live vino
- The old food stored in the corners should be removed daily to prevent damage.
Third: The appropriate environment for Hamster Breeds
- The hamster lives in nature at a temperature ranging from 18 to 24 degrees
- In our warm Arab countries in the summer, consider placing the hamster in a well-ventilated place, providing continuous water, changing the mattress regularly and preventing congestion.
- Cages provided for hamster should consider the breeder to be well-ventilated and suitable for space and easy to clean
- Space for each hamster
Male or female non-pregnant 150 cm 2
Pregnant female 800 cm 2
- Ground wire is prohibited
Fourth: The most dangerous things about the health of Hamster Breeds
- See forbidden foods
- Neglect and delay in the treatment of diarrhea
- Poor ventilation at elevated temperature with congestion in the cage
- The presence of male with the female in the last week of pregnancy and during and after birth two weeks
- Over-feeding or just feeding the hamster with vegetables
- Hamster shower with water.
Fifth: What does the hamster like?
- Running for kilometres at night in the roller wheel.
- Multiple units in Hamster House
- Having toys in the house.
VI: What hamsters hate?
- Any noise around it, especially during the day, is an animal with a night activity
- Awakening suddenly (possibly biting you)
- Having a partner in the same house during pregnancy
Seventh: How many hamsters should I acquire?
- The Syrian hamster (Golden) lives in nature alone and meets during mating at night especially the female so do not worry about the Syrian hamster of loneliness either male is preferred to provide the female him.
- The dwarf hamster can exist with the female until the birth date is then separated.
Eighth: Hamster cleaner
- It is strictly forbidden to protect the hamster with water. It is important to clean the place and it will clean itself.
- The preferred bedding is rough sawdust (prevents softness) or cut paper.
- In plastic cages, chlorine cleaners are used, but phenol compounds are used in the wire
Ninth: Most diseases that affect hamsters
Causes and treatment:
- diarrhea non-gastric as a result of a change in eating and the nature of the food provided and here must stop the provision of vegetables and fruit immediately with water and dry food to heal.
- Gastroenteritis often caused by bacterial poisoning with salmonella and E. coli
Treatment is done here quickly and without neglect, so as not to lead to the death of the hamster and the treatment depends on giving an appropriate antibiotic by mouth and injection with a fluid treatment for 5 days
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your hamster is exposed to contagious diarrhea, avoid touching the hamster with your bare hand, but wear a plastic glove.